Harvey Beef Gate 2 Plate Schools Challenge
One of Gate 2 Plate Challenge Inc's main objectives is advancing education by promoting the Agricultural Industry and its many opportunities to youth and students of all ages, showcasing careers and opportunities within the agricultural industry in regional areas of Australia.
The Harvey Beef Gate 2 Plate Schools Challenge is an interschool competition run alongside the Harvey Beef Gate 2 Plate Challenge. The day is aimed at year 12 students, with teams of eight entering from each school or college.
The winning team takes home the coveted Harvey Beef Gate 2 Plate Schools Challenge trophy and a cash prize of $1000 and $500 for the runners up.
Activities during the day include:
- presentations from industry speakers;
- assessments on presentations;
- fun group activities designed to create discussion around current topics in the beef industry;
- presentations from inspirational young people about their different careers in the agricultural industry;
- beef industry quiz;
- Providing students with an opportunity to network with the whole beef supply chain from corporate identities to the producer.
All students are provided with a take home bag containing details of numerous agricultural traineeships and scholarships. Gate 2 Plate Challenge Inc would be very interested in helping to promote your agricultural traineeship, apprenticeship scholarship or other initiatives.